Cardiology at Westroads
At Methodist, our dedicated and experienced specialists put their hearts into caring for yours.
With extensive training in four areas of cardiology, our skilled team of providers offers comprehensive, state-of-the-art cardiac care in Omaha, Fremont, western Iowa and beyond. Our extensive outreach efforts extend to:
- Atlantic, Iowa
- Denison, Iowa
- Glenwood, Iowa
- Hamburg, Iowa
- Harlan, Iowa
- Red Oak, Iowa
- Shenandoah, Iowa
- Fairfax, Mo.
- Blair, Neb.
- Creighton, Neb.
- Osceola, Neb.
- Osmond, Neb.
- Plainview, Neb.
- St. Paul, Neb.
With a focus on prevention and early detection, Methodist is committed to helping patients improve their quality of life by improving their heart health. Methodist’s board-certified cardiologists offer an integrated approach to care, ensuring each patient has the information and resources necessary to manage their conditions and reduce their risk for heart disease and stroke.
Many of our providers offer the following diagnostic testing to identify injury, disease and abnormalities:
- Echocardiography (echo)
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)
- Prothrombin time (pro time) testing
When surgical treatment is necessary, our preoperative cardiac risk assessment helps ensure patient safety and the most successful outcomes possible. Our team of specialists also work collaboratively to develop the most comprehensive and personalized care plans to help prevent and manage a number of diseases and ailments, including:
- Carotid artery disease
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary artery disease
- Lipid disorder
- Learn how Methodist care navigators help patients manage heart failure and other health conditions
- Learn more about Methodist’s heart failure programs at Methodist Hospital, Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital and Methodist Fremont Health
- Experiencing chest pain? Here’s more on what it could mean
- Know the eight heart attack symptoms women often miss
Methodist’s advanced imaging and other diagnostic techniques allow for comprehensive heart evaluation, treatment, education and guidance.
Thanks to catheterization labs at Methodist Hospital, Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital and Methodist Fremont Health, patients can expect the most accurate diagnoses and the safest, most effective treatments possible.
Cardiac catheterization may be necessary to identify the following heart conditions:
- Congenital heart disease
- Congestive heart failure
- Valvular heart disease
Our interventional cardiology team specializes in a number of procedures, including:
- CardioMEMS™ HF System
- Chronic total occlusion (CTO) and other coronary interventions
- Stent placement
- Brush up on some of the most often overlooked heart attack symptoms
Managing heart rhythms takes a team approach. Methodist’s electrophysiology experts use specialized testing and state-of-the-art monitoring to identify irregular heartbeats (cardiac arrhythmias) and educate patients on the treatment that’s right for them.
Treatment options include the implantation, evaluation and programming of:
- Pacemakers (including biventricular and wireless)
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICD)
Serious, often life-threatening arrhythmias called atrial fibrillation require more advanced, innovative technology. Our skilled team offers:
- Convergent ablation
- Radiofrequency catheter ablation
- WATCHMAN™ Left Atrial Appendage Closure (LAAC) Device
Structural Heart Medicine
Methodist’s Structural Heart Program focuses on repairing congenital heart defects and the wear and tear of various heart tissues and valves.
With years of combined experience, our structural heart team takes pride in its precise diagnostics and number of successful outcomes.
Treatment options include:
- Atrial septal defect (ASD) repair
- Patent foramen ovale (PFO) repair
- The MitraClip® procedure
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Valvuloplasty and other valve procedures
- Learn more about structural heart disease and how it’s treated
- Read about Methodist’s continued expansion in modern cardiology care
Complete Cardiac Care
Colocated at our clinic location are IAC accredited Echocardiology and Nuclear labs. To achieve accreditation by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC), every aspect of daily operation and quality are peer-reviewed. Certified diagnostic technicians perform cardiac testing using state-of-the-art technical equipment that provide optimal results.
We specialize in cardiovascular services, offering care in heart disease management and prevention as well as interventional cardiovascular procedures. We provide office-based services as well as services at Methodist Hospital.
Electrophysiology physicians (EP) form a team to provide a complete program which will monitor, evaluate and adjust all types of pacemakers and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs).
Clinical Research Studies (Clinical Trials)
Methodist Physician’s Clinic Heart Consultants is dedicated to utilizing the best care solutions for our patients. This is why we participate in clinical trials to provide our patients with even more opportunities to have access to important new drugs and devices they may not have otherwise. Patients are also offered a variety of research opportunities aimed at understanding and improving existing treatments.