Neurology is a medical specialty that strives to diagnose and treat disorders of the nervous system. This includes conditions involving the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles.
Our board-certified neurologists at Methodist Physicians Clinic use advanced diagnostic and treatment modalities to help patients suffering from neurological disease or impairment to reach an optimum level of physical and mental well-being.
Our team works closely with your physician as well as neurosurgeons, orthopedic physicians, radiologists and other specialists to deliver the highest level of comprehensive care.
Some of the more common problems that a neurologist will care for include:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Brain and spinal cord injury
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and radiculopathy
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Migraines and headaches
- Multiple sclerosis
- Myasthenia gravis
- Neuropathy and muscle disease
- Parkinson's disease and tremors
- Tumors of the nervous system
Procedures that our neurologists may perform include:
- Electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction studies (NCS)
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Deep brain stimulation (DBS) programming