Methodist speech therapists perform comprehensive evaluation, treatment and follow-up services for a variety of communication or swallowing problems for people who may be recovering from a stroke or traumatic accident that changes their ability to understand or express their thoughts or needs.
Our trained speech professionals work with patients and families to provide education and therapy that will maximize the individual's ability to speak, understand, reason, problem solve and swallow including:
- Augmentative/alternative communication (AAC) speech needs
- Chewing or swallowing difficulty (dysphagia)
- Cognitive-linguistic deficits, including impaired reasoning, problem solving and memory
- Language impairment (aphasia)
- Speech impairment (dysarthria)
- Voice disorders (dysphonia), including laryngectomy