Urologists are physicians who specialize in urinary tract health for men, women and children. Urologists also treat disorders of the male reproductive system and cancers of the bladder and urinary tract.
Urologists at Methodist Physicians Clinic offer diagnosis and treatment for the following conditions:
- Bladder control problems and overactive bladder
- Cancer of the prostate, bladder, kidney and urinary tract
- Enlarged prostate
- Male infertility and impotence
- Vasectomy and vasectomy reversal
- Urinary tract infections
- Urinary tract and kidney stones
Da Vinci Robotic Surgery for Urologic Conditions
Today, complex conditions can be treated with minimally invasive surgery using a da Vinci robotic surgical system.
This system provides your surgeon with enhanced vision, precision, dexterity and control. It requires only a few small incisions so you can get back to life faster without the usual recovery time needed following traditional open surgery.
Benefits to having surgery with a da Vinci system include:
- faster recovery and shorter hospital stays
- less blood loss
- minimal pain and complications
- lower risk of infection
- smaller incisions and less scarring
A few of the conditions treated by our urologists using the Da Vinci Robot include: